Sunday 22 September 2013

LFW - HOUSE OF HOLLAND SS14

Hey everyone, I am so sorry for not posting for a while! I had a couple of GCSE things to do last week and a horrific cold that I am still suffering from as I type this. (It's 5.17pm and I'm still sniveling in my pyjamas!) 

I know London Fashion Week is coming to an end but I felt I should blog about it anyway as I have been following its every move on Twitter. My favourite shows had to be SIBLING, Topshop Unique (did anyone else watch the livestream?!) and most of  all, House of Holland! 




Moving on, today's blog post is all about the House of Holland SS14 show and how completely and utterly fabulous it was!

One of the main reasons that I loved this show was that it was almost a homage to Baz Luhrmans amazing 1996 film adaptation of Romeo + Juliet (quite possibly mi favorito film of all time!). I think that this theme was done fantastically well as I picked up on the Mexico City/Verona Beach vibes from just looking at the runway pictures. It was full of religious icons and tattoo prints, feminine yet masculine, girly yet grungy so well done Mr Holland! 

 
My favourite looks would definitely have to be pictures one, two, four, seven and nine but I don't think I'd complain about wearing any of them! The colours, the prints, the accessories... WOW! Maybe I'd be able to afford the bomber jacket in picture four if I saved up until 2019!

I hope you enjoyed this post, thought I'd be a bit different and do a runway review! I know I keep using being ill as an excuse but I'll hope to have posts up more regularly in the future! I don't own any of the above pictures and the House of Holland photos are credited to Catwalking.com.

Wishing you peace, love and a fashionable life,

P.S. FOLLOW ME ON Bloglovin' and Twitter @UrbanPrincess__

No comments:

Post a Comment